There are cities filled with job opportunities and other big cities that seemingly have no employment opportunities available. Every year, these cities change as a city’s economy grows or contracts, and in 2015, there are several cities that you’ll find where employment is thriving.
Which cities are the best cities to find a job in 2015?
- Seattle, WA: The best city in the country to find jobs. Seattle has a thriving technology sector and a growing economy.
- Des Moines, IA: The best “job market” in the country with a higher socioeconomic environment than Seattle.
- Gilbert, AZ: The third city on our list has a lower job market ranked at #15, yet the socioeconomic environment is ranked at #7.
- Sioux Falls, SD: A city that has a job rank of 12 with a socioeconomic rank of 8.
- Fremont, CA: The first city in California on the list is Fremont. The city ranks 10th in the job market and 14th in the socioeconomic environment.
Check Cities that ranks at the bottom of the list include:
- Memphis, TN
- Hialeah, FL
- Detroit, MI
- Moreno Valley, CA
- San Bernardino, CA
There are two metrics that make up these rankings: job market and socioeconomic environment. These metrics are determined in the following manner:
- Job Market: Several factors went into the job market ranking, including:
- Current job opportunities.
- Employment growth
- Median starting salary
- Unemployment rate of high school graduates
- Unemployment rate for college graduates
- The industry diversity in the state
- Full-time employment opportunities
- The number of employed people living under the poverty line
- Disability friendliness
- Socioeconomic Environment: Several factors were included:
- Median annual income with an adjusted cost of living
- Time spent working and commuting daily
- Housing affordability in the city
- Benefits offered to employees
- Social environment and life
- Emotional health and well-being
For example, Seattle, WA ranks #1 overall, yet the city has the second highest job ranking. This is due to the socioeconomic factors that allow for a higher quality of life.
Employment Help in Colorado
Employment Solutions is a trusted staffing partner to hundreds of Colorado companies. We place over 4,000 job seekers in positions that are a good fit for both employer and employee. Let us help you find your perfect match. For employment help, call (877) 880-4473